Under the supervision of the Head of the Library Department, oversees the smooth delivery of services, the maintenance of the cleanliness and orderliness, the overall filing and organization of the records and the collection in the section/unit assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Services
- Catalogues and classifies sources of information into relevant organized collections and creation of local databases for speedy access, retrieval or delivery of information.
- Information and Communication Technology
- Establishes library system and procedures; disseminates and renders information; assists on research and reference gathering; archives resources and educates information users.
- Reference Services
- Renders services involving technical knowledge/expertise in abstracting, indexing, cataloguing; classifies the preparation of bibliographies, subject authority lists, Thesauri and union catalogues or lists;
- Teaches, lectures and conducts library orientation on library facilities resources and services.
- Readers' Services
- Renders assistance and service on readers borrowing library materials.