The program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to acquire knowledge, skills, and innovations in pharmacy practice. In addition to the knowledge and skills, Ph.D. in Pharmacy students will learn to conduct a scholarly research project to help in the progress of the profession and the services provided. Doctoral Programs are normally completed within five years.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- To develop a competent professional capable of applying advances in pharmacy practice.
- To promote leadership and entrepreneurship qualities and interprofessional education and collaboration advocacy.
- To produce a pharmacy administrator who will facilitate the programs in serving society as the profession responsible for the appropriate use of medication and patient safety to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes.
- To produce life-long learners who can organize programs and activities for the knowledge and skill development of pharmacists, pharmacy assistants, and other healthcare professionals.
- To produce pharmacists who are globally engaged citizens.
Program Outcomes (POs)
At the end of the program, the graduates are expected to be able to:
- Utilize advanced knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts of pharmacy practice in various work settings
- Demonstrate a high level of effective interpersonal communication abilities in providing pharmaceutical care and patient counseling
- Leads in utilizing innovative strategies in the provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Strategize pharmaceutical care services program with the integration of innovative entrepreneurial strategies;
- Independently conduct high-quality research that is both significant and innovative, with implications for health and healthcare
- Practice the profession consistent with ethical, legal, social, and economic standards of the pharmacy profession.