The Social Work Program aims to develop students who:
- Manifest sound personal and work ethics based on a holistic formation that is liberal and humanistic in perspective; culture-based in approach; and sociallyrooted in orientation;
- Demonstrate competencies in advocacy, networking, training, program planning, implementation, monitoring evaluation, and use of technology;
- Practice the generalist helping and planned change processes within the micromezzo-macro continuum; and
- Contribute to local and national efforts to alleviate poverty among individuals, groups and communities through research-based initiatives.
A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM THAT APPEALS TO PEOPLE
- Good policy makers
- Excellent administrators
- Popular advocates of child protection, gender-based initiatives human rights and social justice
- Effective facilitators of human relationships at home, in workplace and in communities
HELP BUILD LIVES… BE AN ESCOLARIAN SOCIAL WORKER!!!
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and attitudes in engaging in a generalist helping process and planned change process for therapeutic, protective, preventive, and transformative processes.
- Analyze critically the origin, development, and purposes of social work in the Philippines.
- Critique the impacts of global and national socio-cultural inadequacies, discrimination, and oppression on quality of life.
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and social environment with emphasis on the person-in-situation dynamic for social work assessment and intervention.
- Critique social welfare policies, programs, and services of the locality, country and/or region in terms of relevance, responsiveness, accessibility and availability to target populations.
- Engage in advocacy work to promote socio-economic and cultural rights and well-being.
- Generate resources for networking and partnership development.
- Identify with the social work profession and conduct oneself in accordance with social work values and ethical principles.
- Engage in social work practices that promote diversity and difference in client system.
- Use supervision to develop critical self-reflective practice for personal and professional growth.
STRENGTHS OF THE COURSE
Centro Escolar University: The second school to offer SOCIAL WORK in the Philippines
- Now, on its 72nd year of course offering in CEU
Level 3 PAASCU accredited program
Graduates can take two (2) licensure examinations :
- Licensure Examination for Social Workers
- Licensure Examination for Teachers
Leadership positions of Social Work faculty in the academe and industry
100% employability of graduates
Board performance is above the national passing percentage